What is HIP?
The stunning pace of health innovation and advances in technology are redefining and re-imagining healthcare and are transforming the industry in ways that challenge existing systems of healthcare delivery.
Health innovation companies are working across boundaries to create, or recreate products and services for better patient outcomes. Everyday, health innovation companies in Sarasota and Manatee counties on Florida’s Gulf Coast are helping to lead a global revolution in the health industry in emerging fields like m-health, neurodegenerative disorders, human micro-biome therapeutics, and more.
Local companies and research institutes are creating and developing exciting new ideas and improving on all aspects of healthcare – communications, wellness diagnostics, and treatments. The Health Innovation Project brings together all of Sarasota and Manatee Counties’ leading health innovators into one powerful, collaborative force for change and advances to healthcare.
Who is HIP?
A community of over 100 Health Care Innovators and stakeholders have come together to launch the Health Innovation Project. Ranging from m-health companies to research institutions, the goal is to bring a diverse and expanding community of businesses and organizations together to drive innovation in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
The Sarasota – Manatee Counties region is home to many innovative companies that are addressing and leading the way in certain areas of health and life sciences. Many are well established, some are finding strong markets and growing, and a few are early stage in development of new and exciting healthcare options. A few examples include local companies and institutions engaged in:
- Top level research that will bring new treatment choices for certain health issues such as Alzheimer’s, cancer and infectious diseases.
- Digital health and medical simulation that improves patient safety and experience.
- Development of products and procedures directed at our aging population, such as mobility devices that allow people the ability to remain independent, and vision rehabilitation for those with low vision.
- Development of wound care products from bandages to topical wound sealants to stop bleeding.
- Designing, development and manufacturing of products for medical devices, laboratory equipment, precision molds and springs, and more.
Learn more about these innovative companies by exploring the HI Network tab.
Bringing together our Community
Sarasota and Manatee counties are home to a growing cluster of innovative companies related to the health care industry, from established manufacturers to startups. We want to tell the story of the regions emergence as a center for health innovation in a way that can attract more resources for the sector to continue growing.
The Health Innovation Network is a great opportunity to tell the community and the world what our region is doing as a health innovation center.Sharon Hillstrom